Class C MVP Malik Ellison 5-8 Sr Flint Beecher: An already storied career turned nearly too good to be true when Ellison saved Beecher’s season with a winning three-pointer as time expired with Detroit Loyola in the state semifinals. The shot made Sports Center’s top 10 plays. Beecher went on to win another close one over Calvin Christian in the championship game, Buctown’s third straight Class C title. Ellison averaged 21.5 points and 5 assists as a junior.
Class C All-State
- Jamal Cain 6-7 Sr Detroit Cornerstone: He signed with Marquette after averaging 27 points and 14 rebounds as a junior.
- Caleb Hodgson 6-9 So Dansville: D1 prospect is poised to dominate after averaging 16 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks as a freshman.
- PJ Mitchell 5-11 Jr Detroit Edison: CMU commitment is a transfer from state semifinalist Detroit Loyola, where as a sophomore he scored 11.1 points with 4.6 assists per game.
- Blake Verbeek 6-10 Jr Grandville Calvin Christian: Averaged 12 points for Calvin’s runner-up team. Made 5-of-6 three-pointers in the state final.
- Carson Wonders 6-4 Sr Iron Mountain: Northern Michigan commitment averaged 24.6 points and 7.8 rebounds last season.
- Davion Bradford 6-1 Sr Detroit Cornerstone: Shines even alongside Jamal Cain as he’s a great athlete who can finish above the rim, run the show and defend.
- Blake Dunn 6-0 Sr Saugatuck: All-stater in four sports averaged 26.6 points his junior year.
- Charles Harris 5-10 Sr Flint Hamady: Averaged 15.4 points and 4.8 assists for a Hamady team that played Beecher tight in districts.
- Craig Sterk 6-7 Sr McBain: Averaged 15.4 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocked shots per game for 26-1 team.
- Nick Welch 6-7 Sr Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central: He signed with Northwood. Welch averaged 14.6 points and 9.7 rebounds as a junior.
- Trent Bell 6-7 Sr Negaunee: He signed early with Michigan Tech. Bell averaged 11.3 points and 8.4 rebounds as a junior.
- Kylen Brown 5-8 Sr Michigan Center: Is this the year Michigan City gets by Hanover? Brown averaged 15 points and 5 assists as a junior.
- Logan Eling 5-11 Sr McBain: As a junior averaged 14.8 points for the state semifinalist Ramblers.
- Hunter Gallagher 6-4 Sr Sand Creek: Averaged 19.1 points per game as a junior.
- Deante Johnson 6-7 Jr Detroit Edison: “Spider” is an impact defender with his wingspan and activity, and a versatile, improving offensive player.
- Kaleb Barrett 6-3 Sr Carson City-Crystal
- Levane Blake 6-8 Sr Flint Beecher
- Jayden Perry 5-8 Jr Manton
- Elijah Smith 6-5 Sr Melvindale ABT
- Zach Trent 6-2 So Burton Bentley
- Wyatt Baker 6-4 Sr Manton
- Riley Fairfield 6-4 Sr North Muskegon
- Ronald Hill 5-10 Jr Detroit Pershing
- Carter Frantz 6-0 Jr Dansville
- Xander Okerlund 6-2 So Maple City Glen Lake