Class B MVP Lamar Norman 6-2 Jr Wyoming Godwin Heights: Broke out in the state championship game as a freshman and will try to get the Wolverines back to Breslin as a junior. Norman is the most gifted pure scorer in the state’s 2018 class and averaged 21 points a game as a sophomore.
Class B All-State
- Zack Nieuwkoop 6-8 Sr Wayland: Averaged 18.1 points and 8.1 rebounds for a 19-2 team. Fourth-year starter signed with Davenport.
- Darian Owens-White 6-0 Sr River Rouge: He averaged 24 points, 5 assists and 3 steals per game while leading the Panthers to their first regional crown in over 15 years.
- Mark Watts 6-1 So Old Redford Academy: The state’s top ranked sophomore guard will be immediately eligible at ORA after the closing of Detroit Allen, where he averaged 13.8 points and 3 assists per game.
- Romeo Weems 6-5 So New Haven: The state’s top 2019 prospect averaged 16 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists a game as a freshman.
- Trevion Williams 6-8 Jr Detroit Henry Ford Academy: Chicago native had a terrific debut at the School for Creative Studies, averaging 23.6 points and 10 rebounds per game as a sophomore.
- Quinn Blair 6-6 Jr Dearborn Divine Child: Third-year starter averaged 16 points and 8 rebounds per game as a sophomore.
- Avery Hudson 5-10 Sr Wayland: Signed early with Davenport after averaging 15.3 points, 5.1 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 3.7 steals per game.
- Demetri Martin 6-4 Sr Big Rapids: Leading returning scorer and rebounder from Big Rapids team that reached state semifinals.
- Christian Rodriguez 5-10 Sr Wyoming Godwin Heights: Averaged 15.4 points, 6.8 assists and 2.3 steals as a junior.
- Mario Whitley 6-4 Jr Frankenmuth: Averaged 15.3 points and 8 rebounds per game as a sophomore.
- Sy Barnett 6-2 Sr Williamston: Averaged 17.3 points in an abbreviated season for Charlotte before transferring to Williamston.
- Markese Hastings 6-5 Jr Wyoming Godwin Heights: Leading returning rebounder for the No. 1 team in Class B.
- Alex Ismail 6-10 Sr Dearborn Heights Annapolis: A throw-back true center who averaged 15 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game as a junior.
- Jalen Miller 6-3 Sr Lake Fenton: One of the state’s top unsigned seniors with his combination of guard skills and ability to play big.
- Eric Williams 6-4 Sr New Haven: Leading scorer for a 22-3 team at 16.5 points per game as a junior.
- Drequan Bell 6-4 Sr River Rouge
- Carl Bow 6-0 Jr Hazel Park
- David Hearns 6-0 Jr Hazel Park
- Delbert Redfield 5-11 Sr Olivet
- Deanta Ulmer 6-0 Jr Detroit Henry Ford
- Nick Dekkenga 6-1 Sr Coopersville
- Merritt Hamann 6-7 Sr Montague
- Delonte Peterson 6-5 Sr River Rouge
- Kyle Peterson 6-3 Sr Charlotte
- Troy Summers 6-8 Sr Grayling