Class D MVP Jason Whitens 6-4 Sr Powers North Central: Easy preseason MVP pick, the leading scorer from two state championship hoop squads. Also, QB of 8-man state championship football team. He became North Central’s all-time leader in points last season while averaging 23 a game.
Class D All-State
- Gunnar Libby 5-9 Sr Hillman: Scored 22 points a game as a junior, with the talent and experience to carry both ball-handling and scoring loads.
- Gabe Meriwether 6-3 Sr Bellaire: Graduation losses will lead to increased production for Meriwether, who averaged 17.6 points a game as a junior.
- Mason Pline 6-6 Jr Fowler: A solid double-double threat as a soph who exploded in AAU as an active dunking, three-point shooting forward with D1 physical tools.
- Jaylon Rogers 6-1 Jr Frankfort: The Panthers gave him the keys as a sophomore and he scored 19 points a game. May be the toughest cover in Northern Michigan.
- Bryce Washington 6-4 Jr Southfield Christian: Elite open court slasher and finisher who has offers from CMU, Colgate, Detroit and Oakland. Scored 17 a game as a sophomore.
- Dawson Bilski 6-3 Sr Powers North Central: Sweet shooter averaged 15 points for repeat state champs. Signed with Michigan Tech.
- Denver Cade 6-2 Jr Buckley: College-caliber shooter who scored 17 points a game as a sophomore.
- Derrick Edington 6-7 Sr Pickford: Scholarship sleeper who can score above the rim or from 20 feet. Averaged 27 and 17 as a junior.
- Daniel Everhart 6-0 Jr Marine City Cardinal Mooney: Momentum from a strong off-season and was no slouch as a sophomore scoring 18 points a game.
- Trey Helinski 5-11 Jr Lenawee Christian: Led state quarerfinalist team in scoring as a sophomore at 14 points per game.
- Brock Washington 6-4 Sr Southfield Christian: Leading scorer the past two seasons for Southfield Chrsitian, which will challenge Powers Central in Class D after moving down from Class C.
- Preston Granger 6-4 Sr Lansing Christian: Clever post scorer led the Pilgrims scoring 16.9 points per game.
- Austin Harris 6-4 Jr Buckley: Versatile guard averaged 13 points as a sophomore.
- Matt Havey 6-1 Sr Lansing Christian: Averaged 16.4 points per game for regional finalist.
- Matt Loney 6-3 Sr Frankfort: Athletic playmaker on both ends of the court for what was a 20-win team.
- Matt Malcolm 6-4 Jr Plymouth Christian: Great leaper who can also get hot from deep. Averaged 18 points as a sophomore.
- Jacob Witt 6-7 Jr Ewen Trout Creek: Good athlete at 230 pounds who averaged 19.6 points as a sophomore.
- Harlond Beverly 6-2 So Southfield Christian
- David Binder 6-2 Sr Owendale-Gagetown
- Forest Bouyer 5-11 Sr Lansing Christian
- Blake Dockery 6-2 Jr Baldwin
- Thomas Hursey 6-0 Jr Suttons Bay
- Jeremy Pung 6-6 Jr Fowler
- Caleb Hunter 5-10 So Southfield Christian
- Micah McLain 6-2 Jr Parkway Christian
- Daniel Nocerini 6-2 Sr Crystal Falls Forest Park
- John Paramski 6-2 Sr Newberry
- Noah Robak 6-1 So Waterford Our Lady of the Lakes