Coaches please send final regular season player state for all-state consideration to email@example.com
1. Orchard Lake St. Mary 10-0 (No. 1 last week): Won twice last week, including doubling up then No. 11 Ferndale 81-40 behind 40 points from senior guard Will Smythe.
2. Ann Arbor Huron 11-0 (4): Senior-laden defensive juggernaut has now held 11 points to fewer than 50 points.
3. Detroit U-D Jesuit 6-0 (5): Won a double-overtime classic against then No. 7 De La Salle 66-64.
4. Detroit King 13-2 (6): Back to full strength with emerging 6-8 senior Shanien Carter back in the lineup to hold things down inside.
5. Grand Rapids Catholic Central 13-0 (3): May not show up high in the MHSAA’s power rankings (ranked behind teams like Escanaba, Armada and Orchard View in D2 — but that doesn’t account for the D1 talent on this roster, including star point guard Phat Phat Brooks …
6. Zeeland East 13-0 (8): Will likely end the regular season playing for the outright OK-Green championship at Muskegon.
7. Flint Beecher 10-1 (9): The only thing that could slow the Buccaneers’ nine-game winning streak was covid protocol.
8. Flint Carman-Ainsworth 10-1 (16): One of the hottest squads in the Mitten after smoking then No. 21 Saginaw Arthur Hill before controlling the game pretty much wire to wire to beat then No. 2 Grand Blanc.
9. Warren De La Salle 8-2 (7): Unsigned senior guard Linden Holder had 30-point games on consecutive days and not against fluff — then No. 5 U-of-D and then No. 12 DEPSA.
10. Hamtramck 12-2 (15): Clinched the MMAC-Black title by sweeping then No. 10 River Rouge 48-38.
11. Grand Blanc 8-2 (2): Not the happiest week in Bobcat Country, with one rivalry game canceled, with Beecher, then they lost to then No. 16 Carman-Ainsworth.
12. Forest Hills Northern 13-1 (13): Has a stretch of canceled games.
13. Romulus Summit Academy North 13-0 (22): The regular season champs of the Charter School Conference after giving Detroit Edison its first league loss 49-46.
14. Detroit Edison 9-2 (12): DEPSA took its first losses of the year, to then No. 22 Romulus Summit Academy North and at then No. 7 Warren De La Salle.
15. Clarkston 12-3 (18): The Wolves have now won six straight, including three non-conference dubs last week. Junior point guard Keegan Wasilk recently received an offer from Saginaw Valley State.
16. Benton Harbor 9-2 (19): The Tigers gave Schoolcraft its first loss of the season by nearly 20 points. 6-6 senior Javaughn Kuykendoll has been one of the state’s breakout 2021 prospects.
17. Williamston 9-2 (20): Won by a deuce at Fowlerville, never an easy task as long as long as Fowlerville senior Brendan Young is shooting it.
18. East Lansing 5-0 (17): Let these boys play!
19. River Rouge 8-3 (10): Three losses are to ranked teams, but haven’t beat a ranked team either.
20. Detroit Cass Tech 14-1 (23): Technicians haven’t been piling up points, but they keep winning.
21. Grand Rapids South Christian 11-2 (24): Conclude the regular season with a stiff test at Forest Hills Northern.
22. Rockford 13-2 (14): Grand Haven has the Rams number, giving them their only two losses including last week 35-31.
23. North Farmington 7-2 (NR): Avenged an earlier loss to then No. 11 Ferndale to scratch back into the rankings.
24. Croswell-Lexington 13-0 (25): All A’s aren’t created equal. Cros-Lex beat Armada 48-42 then Algonac 69-15.
25. Wyoming Godwin Heights 10-0 (NR): The Wolverines haven’t played any ranked opponents, but are undefeated and have one of the state’s most improved 2023 guards, Jakhary Towns — who was already pretty darn good.