1. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s 8-0 (No. 1 last week): Turned a two-point game at the half into a runaway in their first road game at No. 7 De La Salle after earlier stymying a late rally from No. 5 Detroit Martin Luther King. Can counter with all kinds of different looks spread or size, and has various veterans to answer the call.
2. Grand Blanc 7-1 (2): Came off a quarantine to win at River Rouge, with 6-3 soph Tae Boyd stepping up with 17 points. The Bobcats’ only loss is to OLSM going into a week against ranked rivals Beecher and Carman-Ainsworth.
3. Grand Rapids Catholic Central 11-0 (3): Have a retro City League game at Ottawa Hills featuring a standout senior point guard, Ottawa Hills’ Santana Phillips, and freshman point guard, CC’s Phat Phat Brooks.
4. Ann Arbor Huron 8-0 (4): River Rats have held seven-straight opponents to fewer than 40 points going into Monday’s game at Pioneer.
5. Detroit U-D Jesuit 4-0 (5): Limited sample size but quality wins.
6. Detroit King 10-2 (6): Only losses were to top five teams. Junior point guard Chansey Willis is a big-time winner.
7. Warren De La Salle 6-1 (7): Took first loss of the year to No. 1 St. Mary’s.
8. Zeeland East 10-0 (9): The best Chix team since the 2009 state runner-up.
9. Flint Beecher 7-1 (10): Beat a good Goodrich team by 30. 6-2 guard Keyon Menifield is a top 10 available recruit in a deep and talented Michigan 2021 class.
10. River Rouge 6-2 (8): Lost at home to Grand Blanc.
11. Ferndale 8-1 (11): Keeps winning tight ones in a tough OAA-Red. The Eagles are at No. 1 St. Mary’s Monday, as top 10 junior Jason Drake returns to play his former team.
12. Detroit Edison 7-0 (12): More and more talent unfurling at DEPSA including sophomore guard Bryce Eaton who has gotten bigger and better since a solid varsity freshman campaign at Troy Athens. He’s their second-leading scorer after senior guard Ralph Bland.
13. Forest Hills Northern 11-1 (13): If not Chambliss then Erickson, and if not Erickson Chambliss. And quite often, a lot of both. They beat rival Forest Hills Central for the second time last week.
14. Rockford 11-1 (23): The Rams have, for now, transcended the parity of the OK-Red, plus a short-handed 67-63 in triple OT at Muskegon Reeths-Puffer.
15. Hamtramck 8-2 (24): Rudy T, Spencer Haywood and all that when the Cosmos play Detroit Pershing at Steve Smith Gymnasium Monday.
16. Flint Carman-Ainsworth 7-1 (20): Only loss is to Beecher, with a tough week ahead against Arthur Hill and Grand Blanc.
17. East Lansing 5-0 (16): Caught in covid protocol purgatory.
18. Clarkston 9-3 (NR): The Wolves have won three-straight including a 10-point win over then No. 14 North Farmington.
19. Benton Harbor 9-2 (15): Coming off a two-day split against ranked teams, losing to Williamston, beating Arthur Hill.
20. Williamston 8-2 (NR): Avenged an earlier loss to Benton Harbor 58-53 — on home court to Benton Harbor’s win on a neutral court.
21. Saginaw Arthur Hill 8-1 (17): Took first loss of year at 73-70 at Benton Harbor.
22. Romulus Summit Academy 11-0 (NR): Gave then no. 18 Chandler Park Academy its first loss of the year. Summit has a championship coach in Mark White and one of Michigan’s top 10 2022 prospects in junior guard Orlando Lovejoy.
23. Detroit Cass Tech 11-1 (NR): The Technicians’ only loss is to Clarkston.
24. Grand Rapids South Christian 10-2 (21): The Sailors’ only losses are in the OK-Gold to Catholic Central.
25. Croswell-Lexington 11-0 (NR): Survived a scare against Linden, its closest game of the year 53-48.