Class A Player of the Week
- David DeJulius 6-0 Jr Detroit East English Village: Class A ball clearly hasn’t fazed a former Class C all-stater, buoyed by the background of not one but two seasons of 16U AAU with the Family. So now for the second time in as many weeks that an East English guard is recognized here. DeJulius follows Greg Elliott thanks to a 46-point performance in a win over Macomb Dakota. That cemented a scholarship offer from Michigan.
Class A Underclassman of the Week
- Ryan Wade 6-1 So Ann Arbor Skyline: Here’s another guard who, like DeJulius, has played up in AAU against older and elite competition and isn’t shy about the moment. Wade hit a three-pointer to tie the game in second OT and send it to a third with Skyline finally beating Ann Arbor Huron 95-92 in what may go down as the best regular season game played in Michigan this season. Though he missed his freshman season with a knee injury Wade has come back to show he’s still one of the best young shooters in the state. He was class of 2019 MVP at the fall 2015 Bank Hoops All-State Camp.
Class B Player of the Week
Luke Morrell 6-1 Jr Plainwell: He scored 25 points including the game-winner at the horn in a 60-58 overtime win against Paw Paw. Not bad for a kid whose first sport is soccer.
Class B Underclassman of the Week
- Romeo Weems 6-5 So New Haven: He led New Haven to a 2-1 week with wins over Grosse Pointe South and Detroit Loyola, and a loss to Macomb Dakota, including 28 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists and five blocked shots against GP South.
Class C Player of the Week
- Carter Johnston 6-3 Sr Beaverton: The veteran point guard who averaged 17 points, 7 assists as a junior, came up big in the fourth quarter and finished with 31 points as Beaverton beat Sanford Meridian to improve to 4-0.
Class C Underclassman of the Week
- Jeff Carrier 6-5 Fr Mason County Central: In a win over North Muskegon, Carrier had 12 points and five assists.
Class D Player of the Week
- Matt Havey 6-1 Sr Lansing Christian: He scored 40 points on 6-11 three-pointers with nine rebounds and four steals as the Pilgrims beat Mt. Pleasant Sacred Heart. Havey followed up that with 23 points in a win over Vermontville Maple Valley.
Class D Underclassman of the Week
- Cameron Martinez 6-0 Fr Muskegon Catholic Central: He was the QB of MCC’s state championship football, which may have helped Martinez maintain poise in a loss to Muskegon Heights scoring 22 points.